We had different plans for Thanksgiving than what we did. We had planned to go down to Houston with my aunt and uncle and my cousin who lives down there, and we were going to have a big huge group of us and a really fun weekend. But then a few things happened and it fell apart, and my cousin came up here for the weekend before Thanksgiving instead. So we ended up hanging out with them for a few days at the beginning of the week, and the kids were in heaven! I always think I'm so glad that my kids have so much extended family. Their own cousins all live so far away, but I have some cousins who are their age that live only about 45 minutes away, and we see them once a month or so, and then some of my other cousins' kids aren't far either. There's nothing quite like playing with cousins, and I want my kids to have as much of that time as they can.
Just like heaven for these kids!
Cole and I went a little overboard on the pies and made four of them--from scratch, even the crusts! It was really fun to have someone to help me with the cooking. We made an apple, a chocolate pecan, a pumpkin, and Tommy made his aunt's French silk.
We did Thanksgiving with some of our friends in our ward who ended up not having plans like us. It was a great afternoon, and then they had other people come over for pie later.
Thanksgiving night.
We have done this "grateful tree" each November for the last few years, and the kids LOVE it. Dane was begging us to keep doing it after Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment