December was packed with things, as usual. I love, love all the Christmas things, but it is so hard not to be overwhelmed with everything (and I know it is only going to get busier the older our kids get). It was all really fun stuff though. These pics are all not in chronological order, but who cares?
First we had the Joy School Christmas party, where the kids acted out the Nativity scene. Graham was Joseph and this play made EVERYTHING about Joy School worth it. I mean, I already love it, but this play was the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Look at these cuties:
Joseph put his arm around Mary when they got married. Cue all the heart-eyes.
We decorated cookies in the backyard after the play. Oh, my goodness. I just love all these kids and these people.
4/5 of the moms in Joy School.
We picked out our Christmas tree and decorated it...
I had a vision of getting a cute picture of all the kids with their matching Santa jammies under the Christmas tree, but Lucy wouldn't have it unless she was in Tommy's lap and holding the Santa cup and it just wasn't a good night. Haha.
But they were pretty cute, just not a perfect picture!
We set up a Christmas village this year for the first time--I always loved my grandma's when I was a kid. The kids loved it (and promptly broke like 3 of the people's legs).
I bought this Nativity painting hanging over the piano using some Christmas money. I love love it.
We took our annual trip to the Deerfield neighborhood to see all their amazing Christmas lights!
Our ward Christmas party had Santa. The kids were so cute with him, except Lucy...
Sorry, Lucy. I had to force you to get this picture of you to show you in 10 years.
Graham and his friend Emmi were being so cute during the Christmas program.
Tommy and I went to an ugly sweater Christmas party with some friends.
Somebody got caught eating all the candy for the gingerbread house! Yikes!
I got to go to Dane's school for his holiday party. They did little crafts for holidays around the world, and it was super cute. They've been learning about different cultures all fall so this was kind of a culmination of that.
I'm so, so thankful Dane has had such a positive experience at school so far. He loves loves loves it, and even though I never hear about what is going on (he never has much to say about it), I know he's doing good things because he's so happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment