We almost never get to see many friends when we go to Utah because we have so much family there that we have to see. But we managed to see three friends while we were there this trip, and it was SO SO GREAT. It makes me wonder why we don't make it work more often. It's just hard when you're juggling cranky tired kids, everyone else's plans, and making sure you see everyone... but it was so worth it!
We got to see the Dibbs, and it was so great to catch up with them. They are some of the best people we know, and they will be lifelong friends (we can't escape it after sharing a moving van together, years of Tommy and Russell carpooling, and Libby showing me the ropes as a mom in North Carolina)!
The best thing was seeing our kids playing together! Lucy LOVED their baby Catherine (who was definitely as big as her) and wanted to hold her.
Maybe Dane and Miranda will get married someday...
I definitely have pictures of Dane and Wayne playing together in their NC backyard. I love these kiddos and it was so great to see Russell and Libby.
We also got to see the Withams, some of Tommy's good friends from before we met. Chris and Tommy were in the same freshman ward, and served in the same mission, and were roommates afterwards. They are so awesome, and yet we hadn't seen them in so many years! It was so good to see them and catch up and see their kids.
And then we went to my friend Chelsea's house, and our kids were absolutely OBSESSED with her dog Finn. Every single one of them. Graham was enamored with Finn and Chelsea, and said, "I really like Chelsea. I want to come to her house again."
It was so good to see where Chelsea lives and to catch up with her. There are so many other friends in Utah I would love to see, but I'm so glad we got to see these ones.

No comments:
Post a Comment