22 January 2019

Dane's things in November

Dane had his last soccer game in November. Both seasons of soccer we have done here in Texas have gotten wayyyyy dragged out with so many games having to get canceled for weather. I guess that's Texas for you. Dane's last soccer game was freezing cold, but they won. They were a really cute group of kids and they worked really hard, and they actually won a fair number of games so we all had fun. It was fun to see them all improve over the season. I have really liked coaching Dane's teams, although it's really good that the seasons only last for eight weeks (or ten, when they get stretched out like that) because I am DONE after two months. 





Dane also had his school Fun Run while Cole was here and we all went to cheer him on. I was surprised by how cute it was. Watching all those cute kindergarteners running their hearts out just made my day. The best part was seeing how determined Dane was as he ran. He didn't stop even once, whereas most of the kids were dragging, walking, getting drinks of water, and stopping after doing 5-10 laps. They had to run 35 laps and Dane just chugged along without stopping. It was the cutest to see him. I was so proud of him, because he likes to talk about how he's so fast and better than everyone else, and I'm always trying to tamp him down without damaging his confidence. So it was awesome to see him doing something I could really praise--not giving up even when he was tired. 









On another note, I was talking to Cole about how it's funny that I took like 25 pictures and five videos of Dane's Fun Run, whereas I'm pretty sure there are no pictures of me doing any sort of Fun Run or school activity ever. I'm trying not to overtake pictures because we really don't NEED the thousands of pictures we take, but it was so dang cute to see him running so hard that I gave up and just kept taking them.

No comments: