02 April 2017

Lucy's first two weeks

This is kind of a photo dump post with tons of pictures, but it's hard to narrow it down when every picture is just so cute.

Since Lucy was so tiny when she was born--just 6 lb 6 oz, and 6 lbs even when we left the hospital--I spent a few days feeling very worried about her not growing enough. I went to a lactation appointment on Friday (when she was one week old) and found out that she hadn't gained any weight within a few days after leaving the hospital, and I was so worried. I spent all weekend after that trying to feed her every two hours, but she was absolutely not interested, so I spent a ton of time trying to wake her up and force her to latch on and nurse. It was so stressful. So it was a huge relief to go back in on Monday and find out she'd gained five ounces over the weekend. And by the next Friday she'd gained another eight ounces! So, almost a whole pound gained in just one week. Such a relief, and it means the rest of the time has been smooth sailing. She is visibly changing by now--her face is getting rounder and her tummy is too. 

She has been so sweet these two weeks. She has slept like 22 hours a day--she wakes up to eat and then is completely knocked out by getting her tummy filled for another few hours. And the few awake times she has had have been completely sweet. There has been hardly any crying (yet!) and just two long nights when she hasn't wanted to sleep. We've started to figure things out... but I am withholding judgment because she still hasn't really woken up yet, so we will just have to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Love seeing her with a bow in her head of hair!

The boys are loving having Daddy home during paternity leave. They built some cars using the Lowes Build and Grow sets... so fun.

We were so, so lucky to have both of our moms come out to help for a week. I feel like it helped everything go so smoothly.

These two boys are so interested in her.


Snuggled up in her favorite spot--laying face down on someone.






Tommy and his mom took the boys for an adventure riding their bikes at a park nearby. Dane had to wear his safety goggles and backpack filled with tools for his adventure.

When she's asleep she reminds me so much of baby Graham--but when she opens her eyes she looks like her own little person. It is so cute! I can't wait to see what she looks like as she fills out and gets bigger.

Buddha baby.


Graham really loves "baby" and is so interested in holding her. At the same time, he is completely unpredictable and a little scary around her. He tried to pull her out of her bouncy seat the other day, and is always trying to bounce it while she's sitting in it. I am going to need to keep a VERY close eye on her while he's awake.

Curly head of hair!

My mom came into town a few hours before Tommy's mom had to leave, so we had a great morning with BOTH grandmas here. Everyone was in heaven!







I love seeing her wearing cute little outfits and bows!


We had a crazy hailstorm and tornado warning the second evening my mom was here, so we all had to go camp out in the bathroom with the kiddos and wait for it to pass. This is the one thing I really do NOT like about living in Texas.

I also love her sweet hands that are always up by her face.


Two adoring big brothers right here.

Graham can't stop kissing her.




I busted out the big camera and tried to take a few nice pictures of her the other day.





Such a little angelic baby.






We actually got out of the house once or twice. We went to get ice cream as a treat for Dane finishing his swimming lessons and doing so well. 

Watching Conference together.





We were sad to say good-bye to my mom today and send her back to Ecuador. Big BIG thanks to both of our moms for all of their help these past two weeks. 

Now I feel like we are on our way to adjusting to our new life with three kiddos... Good luck to us! Thankfully, Tommy has three more weeks he is taking for paternity leave, so I have a lot more time that I can just focus on nursing Lucy and making sure she's growing and getting enough to eat, and Tommy is going to be taking care of the boys. It's going to be the real test when Tommy goes back to work--but we've got a while before we have to worry about that.

No comments: