Lucy Jacqueline Leininger
Born March 17, 2017 at 2:14 p.m.
6 pounds 6 ounces, 18.5 inches long
She is wonderful and the sweetest baby ever.
She shares her birthday with her Grandpa (my dad), and her middle name comes after her Grandma (Tommy's mom). She's pretty adorable. Snuggly, sweet, and very nice.
Right before heading to the hospital.
As soon as she came out, my first thought was that she was so tiny! She was a whole pound and a half smaller than Graham. I don't know why I should have been surprised that she was so small since my whole third trimester, I was measuring small at every appointment. So that explains why--she was just a tiny little girl.
The best feeling in the world--holding your brand new baby on your chest.
The boys came to meet her just a few hours after she was born. Thank goodness for Grandma here to bring them right over to the hospital. It was the sweetest, most wonderful thing--they were both SO happy to see her. Dane instantly wanted to hold her, which I expected, but the surprise was Graham--he kept saying "Baby! Baby!" and wouldn't stop hugging and kissing her on the lips, and cried every time we tried to take her out of his lap. It was so adorable.
Looking at "baby" for the first time.
Grandma Jackie with Lucy Jacqueline.
Sad first bath!
Some visits from big brothers on the second day of her life.
First family of five picture.
Could not be a prouder big brother.
The hospital was like a vacation this time--lots of snuggling and hanging out with baby girl. It was so nice. I wasn't stressed out like I had been in the past, and nursing went so much better right from the start.
Wearing green since she was a St. Patrick's Day baby.
The last month or so we checked out some picture books about having a new baby from the library to read with the boys. One book was about a boy who prayed every day to get a "baby sister with a red ribbon in her hair." Dane started talking about and even prayed a few times to get a baby sister with a black ribbon in her hair. He was so happy when I found a black bow for her and promised to put it in her hair at the hospital.
Getting ready to go home!
So tiny in her carseat.
And we made it home!
No comments:
Post a Comment