18 April 2017

Graham turns 2!

Graham's birthday is just two weeks after Lucy's. So for a few weeks there he was one, with a baby sister--but we celebrated his birthday and were so happy to have him turn two. He is such a cute boy. When we came home from the hospital with Lucy, Tommy and I were both blown away by how big he seemed. I know that's a normal thing to notice, to think that the toddler is suddenly huge, but really--I swear he gained a few pounds and got a lot rounder around the middle. He suddenly jumped from being a toddler to being a big boy--he's much chunkier than he used to be. The best part about him are his cheeks, which are overly kissable and which we just LOVE.

We tried to make his birthday happy but not to overdo it, since Lucy was 2.5 weeks old and he didn't even know it was his birthday anyways. We got him a few presents and had Joy School at our house (which he loves), and he went to the Fun Club with Tommy. It was actually a really normal day, but we all felt really happy and it was the best way to celebrate him anyways.

Opening presents in the morning.

He loved the construction site book Grandma got him.


I tried to take some cute pictures of him on his own and this was the best I could get. I need to try again.

We got to have Joy School at our house, and it was like a little birthday party for Graham. He thinks he is a part of Joy School anyways so he loved it!

Graham is really into owls right now. He calls them "hoo hoos" and loves talking about them. So we decided to make his birthday cake just some owl cupcakes. This is about the level of decorating I am willing to do.

The favorite present of the day--a remote control fire truck. He couldn't stop screaming and chasing it. It was a huge hit!

Hot dogs on the BBQ for dinner.


Graham with his presents. I really only got him a couple of things--the rest are from grandparents. We also used his birthday checks we got from grandparents to buy him a mini bike, which he will have to grow into in a few months. He was thrilled about that too.

We love this cute boy!

No comments: