I got to have lunch with two of my best friends from college a week before my birthday, when they came down to Dallas for the Taylor Swift concert. It was so fun to get to see them! There's nothing like college roommates.
And a week or two before, I also got to see one of my best friends from growing up. Emilie and I have known each other for two decades now, and still going strong! She had her first baby about one week after they came down here to go to the Dallas temple. So fun to see her and I can't wait to meet her baby.
And then, on to my birthday! The boys came in and woke me up with some snuggles on the morning of my birthday.
They picked out a "blue van" Hot Wheels car for me as a present, like my blue van that I drive. It was Graham's idea.
I could not stop laughing about this. Tommy printed out big pictures of me for decorations for my birthday. I am Dane's exact age in this picture of me on my first soccer team. And Dane DID NOT BELIEVE that it wasn't him. He legitimately thought I was teasing him when I said it was me. He never was convinced, even after many assurances that no, it really was me. It just goes to show how similar our faces are. I had friends come over for my birthday and every one of them said, individually, "That looks just like Dane!" and it really does.
I spent my birthday in a very exciting way--going to a library puppet show with Graham and Lucy and having lunch with Tommy.
We had cake with the kids before we left to go on our date. We went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant called Cantina Laredo, which was kind of disappointing. Good thing our lunch date was much better. But then we had big plans for after dinner....
Indoor skydiving at iFly!
Here's the whole story. I kind of wanted to do something fun and exciting for my birthday, since it was my 30th birthday and I felt like such a big milestone should not be passed over. But we were super busy the two weeks beforehand (so busy!) and I told Tommy that we didn't have to plan anything, it was fine. But then a few days before my birthday I started being grumpy about it and wondering why we weren't doing anything, and feeling like this big birthday was going to go by without us doing anything to celebrate. But I also realized that I was being silly by feeling bad about that, and made plans myself for us to do the indoor skydiving because it seems like a big, milestone sort of thing. And I also invited some friends over to our house to celebrate the night after my birthday for a girls night in, and we just sat and talked for like 4 hours and had a great time.
And I actually really didn't like the indoor skydiving very much. I guess I'm not much of an adrenaline junky or anything because it was so scary and stressful for me! I'm glad to have done it once, but I don't think I need to do it again, and I definitely don't ever want to do the real thing.
This was the most important part of my birthday. Tommy put together a book with memories that people wrote to him about me over my life. It was so amazing to read and to go through and see how many people sent in memories for him. It totally made me cry when I saw it and how much work he must have done and read through it. I loved it. It's the best present I've ever gotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment