For the last few months, Tommy has been training hard for a half-marathon that he decided to run with a few friends from our ward. They've been getting up super early and running before work, and doing long runs on Saturday together. And we were able to come watch the race and cheer for Tommy as he ran.
Here's the cheering section!
We found a spot halfway through and waited for him there and saw him loop back around as well.
They were so excited. It was so fun for them to cheer for all the racers and especially for their dad. I love going to races--everyone is so excited for everyone else and so supportive.
I was SO bummed. We got stuck in race traffic trying to get back to the finish, and we missed Tommy's finish by just a few minutes. But he said it was good because he was just about dead and had to lie down on the grass for a few minutes after finishing. He did 13.1 miles in 1 hour and 39 minutes... which is about a 7:30 mile pace for the whole time! I am just so impressed by his running skills. I could never run that fast. I felt so proud.
Tommy and his two friends from our ward who ran with him, Craig and Dale. They all did awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment