30 October 2018

Little Things in October

A moment of sharing this book together... it's kind of rare.

Dane pulled out a tooth all by himself right after church on Sunday. You can still see it's bloody, haha. 

Lucy being a cutie at my doctor's appointment one day.

OH MY GOSH. I almost died with the cuteness of this. I was trying to read my scriptures one afternoon while the kids were awake (which I rarely do--I usually do it during naptime or after they're in bed because there's little chance of getting anything out of it while they're awake). But Lucy saw me reading and I said, "I'm reading my scriptures!" And she ran into the family room and grabbed our scriptures that we use every night for family scripture study, and came back and said, "Scriptures!" (It sounded like "hip-sures!") Then she sat on the ottoman in front of me and read the scriptures with me. I could not believe that she knew what scriptures were and that she could say it. It definitely felt like a nice parenting moment. 

Jack-o-lantern Dane, just in time for Halloween!

Lucy and I went and had lunch with Dane at his school one morning. 

Lucy was very sad one afternoon after her nap, and needed some extra snuggle time with her hippo and blankie. 

Graham was SO proud of his new construction truck jammies, which we pulled out when the weather got cold, because he'd talked about C is for Construction in Joy School this week. So he insisted on getting a picture taken in them. 

Lucy's clothes are almost all hand-me-downs, and Tommy and I just couldn't stop laughing at this pink Adidas jumpsuit we pulled out for her in the 18-month pile. So funny.

She is a baby of the 21st century. Any time she sees my phone she says, "hone!" and runs for it.

Graham doing a science experiment in his Joy School (not at our house... I'm not this skilled!).

Joy School friends... so cute.

They were sitting in this tent, pretending to go camping, and telling each other stories. 

We talked about S is for Safety one day, and practiced being Safe while walking to our park for playtime. 

We were so lucky and got Aunt Kiki here to visit this month! It was the BEST to have her! Graham immediately dragged her over to the couch the second she got her and begged her to read to him. 


We brought her to our favorite pumpkin patch, although it was super muddy with all the rain we've been getting. 

And we had a super nice afternoon at our park with bocce ball and our kite.



We took them to dinner at the Shake Shack near our house at this super nice area in Plano--it was super fun!


And Kurt and Kiki both came to Dane's soccer game and cheered him on. 


We were sad to say good-bye to her. It was so nice of her to come and so fun to have her. Aunts and uncles are the BEST and our kids are so spoiled with so many!

No comments: