22 October 2018

Dane is 6!

Our cute big boy is six years old now. After about a week I heard him telling someone he was six and a half already... slow down, buddy. He is so enthusiastic about life and about getting older. He seriously could not be happier about kindergarten and about getting bigger. I feel like this year has been such a big one for him, with so many milestones. Just in the last year since turning five, he's learned how to read, learned how to ride a bike without training wheels, learned how to tie his shoes, learned how to swim, lost his first two teeth (just a few days before his birthday!), started playing sports, and started kindergarten. That's a huge year for a kid! He's truly a real kid now. Luckily he still lets us watch Winnie the Pooh sometimes at home, haha.

Dane's kindergarten picture. Pretty sure that's the only time he's worn that shirt.

He scored his first goal in his soccer game! It's been fun to see how much he's improved in our second season. Last season he really didn't do very much, and this season he has really gotten into chasing and kicking the ball. 

His second tooth that he lost! His first one came out while we had a bunch of people at our house for a ward activity, and he lost it and didn't even notice it was gone. I just saw at the end of the night that it was missing! He was so excited but sad that his tooth was missing so he wrote a note to give to the tooth fairy. It was so dang cute.


Dane was the spotlight in Primary the week of his birthday. I love being in Primary and seeing these small moments.


The day before Dane's birthday, we all came to his school to eat lunch with him. It was so cute!

And we celebrated his birthday with presents and birthday cereal!



The big present was his new scooter, which he is in love with. It's so cute.

He had a soccer game in the morning and then we went to Hurts Donuts afterwards. All Dane wanted for his birthday was to go to the beach at the lake near our house. But the forecast said rain all week, so we decided it wouldn't be a good idea and scheduled a last-minute bowling birthday party with four other boys in the ward instead. Then, of course, it didn't end up raining after all... thank you Texas! But we did the bowling party anyway and it was great. I think since I didn't plan it until two days beforehand it was way less stressful and I didn't mind it.

First thing Dane did was roll a strike on his very first roll! What a great birthday!



I love the dabbing boys, haha.


Then we came home and they played on the trampoline for a while, then we had pizza and cake.



I just want to talk about this cake. Dane was dead set on having an ice cream cake for his birthday. So I spent like three days making this cake (because you have to let it freeze for a long time in between stages). It had a layer of chocolate cake, then a layer of ice cream, then a layer of Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, and hot fudge sauce, then a layer of ice cream, then a thin layer of cake, and it was all covered with whipped cream. 

Can I just say that I AM AWESOME for making this amazing cake??? (It wasn't that hard, I just had to plan ahead. I would totally make it again because it was delicious.)



So glad that our boy had such a good birthday! He is such a great kid and we love him so much.

No comments: