Dane is so very excited to have a baby sister. Unlike Graham, he fully understands what is going on and asks me all the time when his baby is going to get here. He tells me maybe four times a day, "Mom, look at your HUGE TUMMY! It is SO HUGE! Can you believe your tummy is so HUGE?" Haha. It is such a good self-esteem boost. He loves, loves, loves to come and give me a hug, and then give the baby a hug. He will talk to the baby through my tummy and say, "Good night, baby, I love you!"
Dane is a really good four-year-old. I remember someone telling me that four years was their favorite age, because kids still think that you're the best and they aren't going to school yet, but they can talk to you and don't throw tantrums any more. I am totally understanding that feeling. I love this boy and this age. He is so much fun. He loves doing things with me, and will come say, "Mom, I was just thinking that you want to do something fun with me."
But he also is really good at entertaining himself--he spends two hours doing quiet time in the toy room every day during nap time. He occasionally has days where he comes out twelve times to ask when he can come out, but he usually is really good at staying in there and telling himself stories and playing with his cars and reading piles of books to himself. I love it.
He has been coming up with these elaborate plans for things he wants to do lately, like a big Hot Wheels race party with all his friends and daddy, and it's really hard for him to understand why all of these big plans can't immediately come to fruition. Sorry, buddy. Maybe for your birthday.
I just love this boy. He is so much fun. He is such a big helper and such a fun kid to be around. I am secretly happy that we have another year with him around before he goes to kindergarten--thank goodness he was born in September!






No comments:
Post a Comment