- I am feeling MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR love for my boys in the afternoons right now. And for our house and backyard. Yesterday, the two of them went out in the backyard and played in the sandbox, then moved under the trampoline and dug around for a while, and then jumped on the trampoline and acted like life couldn't get any better. I sat inside with the windows open and watched them and thought about being productive but mostly just enjoyed their happiness and my peace and quiet. Does life GET any better?
I love, love, love when we get time outside, especially right now, as I appreciate the temporary nice weather and anticipate when it's going to start heating up. I am hoping we get maybe two months of good weather for walks after the baby is born before it's too hot. This morning we met some friends at the park and stayed there for 2.5 hours. Being outside is just magical--it's refreshing and happy and entertaining--for them and for me.
- Funny thing: Graham likes to pull books off the bookshelves in the front room--a normal toddler activity, right? But the funny thing is, that he always, always pulls the same books. Even when they're on different shelves or have been moved around. The one book he always finds is Dracula. He pulls it off and flips through it for a few minutes like he's reading it. I have no idea what this means or why he's so drawn to it... except for the obvious solution: he's signaling to us that he is a vampire.
Beware, the baby vampire.
- I set a goal at the new year to read 20 books between the beginning of the year and the baby being born. I just finished #17. I think I might actually do it! Thank you, audiobooks from the library, for making this possible!
- Some friends threw me a baby shower on Tuesday and all brought me gifts. It was so nice. I feel so spoiled because we have gotten so many hand-me-downs and lovely gifts that this baby is going to be so well-supplied. We are so grateful. I'm just bummed because I forgot to ask for a picture of all my lovely friends at the shower.
- I am 37 weeks along now with this pregnancy. I had a few rough weeks where I was sure I was going to go into labor super early and was stressed out, but now I am feeling very zen about life and very happy to be so far along. I am just going to move along not expecting anything to happen for at least two more weeks. Both boys were a week early, so we will see what happens with this one. I have enough to do to keep me busy for the next few weeks, but I'm also taking lots of naps and reading a lot and trying to relax and fill my cup so that I can feel emotionally ready for the upheaval of a newborn.
- Up next on my to-do list: Get the baby clothes out. Wash the bassinet I got secondhand. Put together the changing table and buy newborn diapers. Make a list of baby names to take to the hospital for our inevitable last-minute decision-making process. I can't think about much other than what to do to get ready for this baby!





No comments:
Post a Comment