17 September 2016

Trip to Utah for Dallin's Wedding, part 1

I will be honest. I was kind of/really dreading this trip to Utah. We were in Utah for two weeks in July, and then had visitors here for two weeks of August, and then had a few weeks of getting back to our normal routine, when we had to hop back on a plane again and head BACK to Utah again. I am SUCH a big believer in traveling to visit family, but I was also in the midst of morning sickness and feeling super overwhelmed with just surviving, much less packing for and going on a trip with our two crazy kids. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had just stayed for the weekend of Dallin's wedding, but back when I bought my tickets, I thought, "Why not extend my trip a week!?" And I was regretting it ever since, just because I was so exhausted. I literally started crying at the gym a week or so before telling my friend about it and what I had to do. 

But, there is no way out but THROUGH, and guess what--we survived. It was a lot of fun and a lot of tiredness. Dane got Hand Foot and Mouth while we were there and Graham was awake for half the night for maybe four nights in a row (we figured out he was teething after the fact). But I swear I got some major blessings because I only threw up twice the whole week and a half I was there, and I didn't feel sick most of the time at all. I got to see all of our family a lot and even a bunch of friends and cousins, which usually doesn't happen because we are so busy whenever we go to Utah. Each activity we did was SO nice--it was just the in-between stuff, like taking care of the two boys and dealing with naps and Graham waking up in the middle of the night all week, that was hard.

But it was so worth it to be there for all the wedding stuff! I was so happy to be there with all my siblings and to see the beautiful reception for Dallin and Krystel. And the sealing was amazing. It was hard being there without my dad (we sure missed you, Dad!) during the sealing. But all the craziness was worth it just for that moment in the sealing room, for sure.

We gave Dane an early birthday present--his own suitcase, with Spiderman on it, no less! He was soooooooo over-the-moon excited about it and so proud to pull it through the airport by himself.

Melissa and Jackie were so nice and picked us up at the airport and gave us a car. It was a little unfair because Dane got to see Zach for about 3 minutes and then we had to go our separate ways. 

We got to Grandma Myres' house about two hours before the reception started. The backyard was absolutely beautiful. And the couple was so happy. I didn't take a single picture the whole night so all of these pictures are stolen off Facebook from other people.




I was FaceTiming with my dad so he could see the first dance and the mother-son dance, even from Peru (where he was for trainings). 

The next day was the big wedding. We had such a nice time in the sealing. (I forgot my temple recommend and had to run back to Grandma Myres' house to get it. It was a close one!) Then we came out and waited for a while for them to come out. Dane was super excited about waiting. 

My sisters, Grandma and I.

They were so triumphant when they came out!

Dane came up with this plot in his own mind, all by himself, to run out and surprise them and to tickle Krystel when they came out of the temple. It was so funny. Good thing he's their nephew,

Spent some time on family pictures.

Mom and sisters.

All the siblings (still kicking myself we didn't get a siblings shot with Tommy and Brandon in it).

After the wedding luncheon, Dane was just about done with wedding stuff. NOT a fan any more.

So Dallin and Krystel went on their honeymoon, and we spent the weekend playing around with my siblings! We convinced everyone to hike the Y with us. Dane was super excited about it, but was begging to be carried after about 100 yards. We could still see the gate at the entrance. He basically needed to be held the whole time (even though we were already carrying Graham in a backpack). A day later he threw up and broke out in a HFMD rash, so he was apparently just already getting sick and SUPER tired while we were trying to drag him up the mountain, haha. Not our best parenting moment, perhaps.


Still a pretty good family picture on the Y, even despite the trauma getting there!

We spent the afternoon/evening playing in Grandma and Grandpa Murphy's backyard. The kids were in HEAVEN picking fruit off the trees/vines and eating it. Graham and Cora both inhaled peaches straight off the tree. They were so funny just walking around the yard dripping peach juice everywhere and looking totally thrilled.


Graham discovered the grapevines and spent maybe an hour picking grapes, walking around, and eating them.


Dane helped with the watering and sprayed everyone.


Graham following Cora around, trying to get her baba away from her.

The next day we went to go see the new Provo City Center Temple together. It was Sunday so the gates were closed on the grounds, but we still got to see how beautiful it was and to tell Dane the story of how it burned down and was rebuilt.



On Monday, we took Bee to Wal-Mart for some more shopping she needed to do and then got to see her dorm room. It looked great.


And then she treated ALL of us to lunch at the CANNON CENTER!!! This was the thing I was looking forward to the MOST. It was awesome. 

After Daddy left, Graham glommed onto Austin and didn't want to let him go. He was a huge, huge fan.


We went to revisit my old dorm room from 10 YEARS AGO (Wow, I feel so old).

Dane and Graham found some scooters that they tried out in the parking lot. Graham didn't want to get off--he was super disappointed when we started walking away. So sad to be 1.

No comments: