24 January 2016

Poor Graham.

On Wednesday Graham started breaking out in spots all over. In the morning we thought he'd just scratched his face while sleeping, then it looked like some bug bites or chicken pox. Then his eye started swelling up. By nighttime he looked like this.


Then in the morning he looked like this. Poor guy looked so, so sad and swollen! But he didn't seem to mind at all.



We took him to the doctor on Thursday and again on Friday, because when he woke up on Friday he looked even worse:


He looked so sad. I was wanting to just snuggle him and take care of him, but he couldn't care less about it. It didn't seem to itch him or bother him at all, thank goodness! We figured out that he was just having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he was taking for his ear infection last week. He was on day 8 of the antibiotic, so we didn't think it could be that--and we'd unfortunately and unthinkingly kept giving it to him up until we took him in to the doctor. Poor guy. As soon as the antibiotic got out of his system, and the Benadryl kicked in, the rash started going away.


And he's back to normal today! Phew! And also, he's officially crawling! I was in the toy room with the two boys and all of a sudden I looked around and Graham was halfway down the hallway chasing after a basketball. He is so cute and happy about his newfound freedom. I LOVE seeing his cute face while he crawls around. (Although I am nervous about the amount of work is coming up as he gets more and more mobile.)

No comments: