Regular life still went on in December. One of the cutest things that happened was that Dane and Tommy went on a Daddy Date to one of the kids' workshops at Lowes, and built a Christmas train together. Afterwards they went mini-golfing at Tommy's work (they have a new putting green they put in there) and then got lunch at Chick-fil-A. Dane thought he had died and gone to heaven. Getting to use a hammer, go golfing, and hang out with Dad? BEST DAY EVER.
Great form!
One proud three-year-old.
We went over to the Myres' house for dinner before leaving for Christmas. Graham thinks that Ava is sooooo cool. And Ava thinks Dane is so cool. And Dane thinks that Ethan is so cool. They're always just interested in whoever is older than them.
It's so nice to put Graham in the seat in the cart now! I love not having to use that enormous carseat or having to wear him in the front pack.
I love seeing them when they're sleeping. SO sweet and lovey.
Costco buddies. Graham has started eating their samples and is the most shameless of all of us. He makes us go back for seconds and thirds of the ones he likes.
Someone is feeding himself now and LOVES it!
Watching the Grinch together. Both boys were so brave.
Dane says he is an angry construction worker when he wears his headband over his eyes like this.
Dane is learning how to use scissors. It's pretty amazing how quickly he can learn things. Just give him a few pages to practice on and he's got it pretty darn well.
SWEETEST boy!
I know I already posted this one, but I love it. This is my favorite part of the day. Being outside, enjoying the day with my boys. Just relaxing and being happy together. And waiting for the trash truck. (Or Daddy, depends on the time of day.)
I think I posted this one too. It's so cute to see them matching. Dane LOVES matching with Graham. He asks every night that they wear matching jammies.
Our grocery store just got new carts with cars in the front and I wanted to hug the manager for doing that. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU. Dane needs nothing else to entertain him at the grocery store now.
Baby snuggles are the best.
Two naughty friends at the park...
They got each other's shirts super wet in a puddle at the park, so even though it was pretty cold outside, we took their shirts off and they were SO HAPPY to be able to run around shirtless for a while. Boys are hilarious.
I gave Graham a little blankie to sleep with and I think it was safe to say that he liked it.
Snuggled up with his blankie.
BABIES IN HATS. Too bad Graham is a master of taking the hat off. Dane used to leave them on... Graham is not so easily manipulated.
Decorating Christmas cookies at playgroup.
Me and my baby boy.
Saturday morning snuggles in bed. Trying to convince them to let us sleep just a little longer... please?
Graham laying in Dane's lap in a milk-induced stupor of thought.
I LOVED December in Texas this year. Most days it was nice enough to go places without a coat. It doesn't bother me to have a warm Christmas season, after growing up in California. After two summers here now I am just grateful for every single day that is moderate enough weather for us to go on a walk or go to the park. It was a beautiful month.
No comments:
Post a Comment