on that note, tommy and i don't even have a tv right now. we have a tv stand and a ton of dvds, but all we have on the tv stand is the ihome we stole from kristen while she was on her mission (thanks, kristen). back in provo, we had a small tv from tommy's family, but we didn't think it would be worth the space and hassle of moving it across the country so we gave it back to them. so now we are tv-less and you know what? IT'S TOTALLY FINE.maybe it's the lifetime of growing up where we weren't allowed to watch tv on weekdays. maybe it's the four years of college where i was too busy to watch tv, ever. but now, now that for the first time in my life i have TIME to watch tv, i don't want to. so even though tommy and i could find a $40 tv on craigslist pretty easily, we don't want to. the only thing we ever used our tv for was watching movies anyways--and we can do that just as easily on our computers.
i just feel much better about wasting away all my days reading rather than sitting on the computer or watching tv. i think it's the grandpa myres in me--which is the icelander in me. i'm still being lazy, but it doesn't feel so gross afterwards.
so for right now, we are going to remain TV-less. it won't be that way forever--but for right now, it works, and we like it.
3 comments:
I try to explain just how the TV was viewed by my dad growing up... and really it is hard to explain... I have even gone into the whole "kill your television" thing, and I still think it makes people go, hugh? You described it well... I still have loads of guilt if I watch too much TV, or if I let my kids watch too much in a day.
don't blame it on us...or grandpa myres! No...I am happy that you and Tommy are doing so great and happy to be doing so many good things, not just sitting in front of the tube.
Good luck this weekend in Sunbeams!
We got rid of our cable about a year ago and it was THE best thing! We get so much more done now! Of course, we still have netflix for movie night and other times. But, really I don't miss tv programming at all! Glad you guys are doing well! Oh, and I am reading (actually listening to) Blink right now. Thanks for the suggestion! So far, I am really enjoying it!!
Post a Comment