We were so excited to have everyone here for Graham's birthday... it made his day seem a lot more exciting than what we would have had planned, which would have been probably just presents and cake, haha. Graham has been waiting for his birthday for at least two months. He really has wanted to be three for forever and was convinced that most of his problems (like being too small to go to preschool or taekwondo or soccer) were because he was only two. When it was Lucy's birthday last month, he was so disappointed that it wasn't his birthday too. He keeps telling me now, "I like three! I don't like two! Two is so little and three is the biggest!"
Tommy took the day off and we spent the day going to Fort Worth and visiting the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (where they print half of the nation's currency; the only other one is in D.C.) and the Fort Worth Water Gardens. Those may seem like weird activities for a three-year-old's birthday, but this was the best day to go somewhere big and I didn't think he cared much where we went anyways. And funnily enough, he has been talking about "the money place" a bunch of times this past week since we went, so he did actually like the Bureau of Printing. I asked him what he liked about "the money place" and he said he liked seeing "the money things moving," or the money printing machines. We couldn't take our phones or cameras into the building (because they don't want people trying to break in or counterfeit money) so we have no pictures of going there but we all really thought it was interesting and fun.
But we started the day with birthday cereal and presents for the birthday boy! He had been asking for Lucky Charms for weeks.
He got way spoiled, of course.
His big present was this sit-on digger for their digging spot in the backyard. (Is it really white trash to just let them dig up our yard under the trampoline and to just leave their shovels and buckets there all the time? I don't really care because they love it so much and spend hours out there.) He LOVED the digger, although it's just slightly too big for him and our dirt is a little hard. We are thinking about re-filling our sandbox with sand for him to use it in if he wants to.
Graham with all his presents.
After the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, we had lunch at In-N-Out. Everyone's favorite.
I love Lucy in that hat.
Of course Graham wouldn't wear the hat. But they were so pleased because since it was Graham's birthday we let them get shakes. BEST DAY EVER!
Grandpa was so pleased because Lucy voluntarily went to him! This was the first time she wanted anyone to hold her and she let him hold her for at least five minutes walking around the restaurant.
Then we visited the Fort Worth Water Gardens! They are super fun for the kids to run around and explore. I really like them too.
I was trying to follow Graham around with the big camera to get some cute pictures of him (since it was his birthday and all) and it was hard to do. He does not like smiling for the camera or looking at it for more than .24 seconds.
After we got home, we set up a little obstacle course for Dane and Graham in the backyard and they had a fun time running around and doing it. I was thinking it would be a "superhero obstacle course" but they both didn't want to wear the masks or capes I got at Hobby Lobby. Haha!
And then we of course had the cake and ice cream. I had to laugh so hard at first picture of him with his cake where he's screaming. He kept yelling and yelling at us all day like that. "NO!!!" about everything. Even when we sang happy birthday to him he yelled and said he wanted us to sing "Happy Birthday to Dane!" I don't know if he likes being the center of attention, or if he was just super tired and grumpy. He also threw a ton of tantrums this week with the Leiningers here, which was so pleasant and fun to deal with. He has been the sweetest and cutest two-year-old, and I think there are signs that he may not continue to be so sweet and easy as a three-year-old, which is a little sad. But he still has SUCH adorable moments which help to make up for the crazier ones, and we still love the heck out of this guy. Happy birthday to our finally, finally, FINALLY three-year-old.
No comments:
Post a Comment