15 October 2017

Tommy's Travels

Ohhh, Tommy should write a blog called "Tommy's Travels!" I can see it now. Unfortunately, it would be the worst blog ever, since luckily for me, he almost never goes anywhere. In September, though, he went to Houston to help with hurricane clean-up, and to San Francisco for a big data conference. I'm mostly just posting these pictures because I thought the hurricane clean-up was so crazy and the pictures were amazing of all the work they did. They left at 5 am on Saturday morning, and drove four hours down to their location west of Houston, went to a neighborhood, and just started ripping stuff out of houses and throwing it out by the street. Everything that got soaked with water had to be trashed. One of the houses they helped with still had a few inches of dark water underneath the floorboards once they ripped those out. It was amazing to see the pictures of the destruction and havoc caused in these really beautiful-looking homes.








This was the group from our ward that went down. We also sent another group down two weeks later. It was unfortunately the Primary program week, which meant Tommy couldn't go because I needed him to take care of Graham and Lucy while I led the music for the whole meeting, ha. But he was glad he got to go once.

They slept overnight in a high school gym and spread all throughout the hallways of the school.

And had a brief church in the school auditorium with some two thousand people before rushing out to muck out some more houses.


And, a few pictures of Tommy being cute in San Francisco. I was sad I couldn't go with him--I'd love to explore that city with him. Someday we will go!

My dad's favorite pupusa place!



No comments: