16 October 2017

General Conference

We had our best General Conference this year that we've had since having kids! There was minimal screaming and begging for attention from Dane and Graham, which was really the goal. I don't necessarily mind if they pay attention (I mean, obviously not Graham--that's never going to happen--but even Dane too), I just want them to entertain themselves so we can watch without them whining constantly for us to come play with them. But I don't know what it is--once you sit down on the couch and look like you're not busy (watching TV), they instantly assume you're available for them to hijack and drag to the toy room to play. I've tried lots of different things and they've never really worked, but for some reason, this year, it clicked. Dane was apparently old enough to enjoy the little activities and coloring sheets I printed out and Graham enjoyed all the snacks. I had LOTS of snacks (I don't know why that never occurred to me before--buy lots of snacks if you want them to be quiet!) and activities for them for each apostle while they spoke and candy they could take every time they heard the words "Jesus Christ" or "Book of Mormon." It was adorable--Graham TOTALLY got the candy thing and totally was listening for those words the whole time. He'd yell, "Dey said Jesus Tist!" and run grab a Skittle. It was so cute. 

Lesson learned: With kids this age, it takes a lot of prep work to keep them entertained, and sometimes, it still won't even work because they won't be the right age. 


So funny--they are like little twins.


Uncle Kurt came down to watch with us!


Getting the candy for hearing the right words, haha.

Ice cream sundaes for Conference Sunday! Maybe a new Conference tradition.


No comments: