05 January 2017

New Year's Eve party

Steps to throwing a wildly successful New Year's Eve party:

1. Buy cheap decorations at a party supply store.
2. Have lots and lots and lots of junk food and sparkling cider.
3. Take some silly pictures and dance to fun music.
4. Have a one-year-old and four-year-old as your guests of honor and everything you do will be over-the-top super exciting to them.



Dane remembered that last year we ate our gingerbread house on New Year's Eve, so I think now it is cemented in his mind as a tradition of ours to do on New Year's. Sounds great to me.

We Skyped in my mom and dad to enjoy our wild and crazy party with us.



Along with the decorations we got, I also grabbed a pack of photobooth props to take pictures with. I thought these came out so cute. Austin and Bethany and Cole were really nice to humor us and our really exciting New Year's plans for them (at 6:30pm). 




Netflix had some New Year's Eve countdowns to watch and dance along to, which you could play at any time for your kids. Dane especially really enjoyed that.


And after we put the boys to bed, we played some more games, hung out for a while, and right before midnight did some fondue and drank sparkling cider. We couldn't actually find the ball dropping to watch on TV, so we ended up watching a musical note drop in New Orleans. Not as exciting, but oh well. 

New Year's Eve is not the most exciting holiday after are allowed to stay up until midnight any time if you want to, and after you have kids, since you can't go out and do anything, but we had fun anyways. I ate so much junk food that I felt so sick afterwards. Totally helped to motivate me towards my "healthy eating" goal for the new year, right?

No comments: