16 November 2016

Adele Concert

Okay, all those posts with our "best pics"--hopefully that wasn't too cheesy or annoying to anyone. It just felt so satisfying to go through all our pictures and pick out the best ones. I looked in our Trash folder and I got rid of over 2000 duplicates. Haha, that is embarrassing. (Obviously there are plenty of other ones that are still saved on our computer that I didn't post on here.) But I'm so happy because it will make our 2016 photobook so much easier to make. I am starting to plan the projects I want/need to get done before the baby comes, once this semester is over and I am done teaching, and that is one of them. Also, I won't be teaching next semester. I taught the semester that Graham was born and I don't think it was worth it; I had to get a sub for a few weeks and then go back to working when he was two weeks old--and it's only one night a week so it's totally manageable; it's more just that I don't think I will be able to mentally handle a class on top of a newborn and two other kiddos. I may not teach in the fall next year either--just looking at what I will be able to handle. I am looking forward to a little break!

Anyways, last week, Tommy and I had the BEST DATE EVER going to the Adele concert in downtown Dallas. I heard last year--literally, a year ago--that she was coming here and that the tickets were going on sale at 10:00am on a certain date--and I thought, why not try to go? I mean, who DOESN'T love Adele? I hadn't listened to her much beyond what was on the radio, but I knew I liked her. So I logged onto Ticketmaster at 9:55 that day and actually got some tickets! In the cheapest section of the house, of course. And then we had to wait for a whole year. We tried to listen to Adele's newest album in the weeks leading up to the concert so we could enjoy it even better and I really, really liked it.

In the parking lot on our way into the concert.


Literally three rows from the top, haha. Us and all the other grown-ups at the top.

The beginning of the concert was so, so awesome. She started with her "Hello" song and dramatically came out of the stage in the middle of the floor. Her voice was amazing, even more amazing than you expect from her songs. She could really belt it out and it was so impressive. She was also really funny and chatty and talking in the middle of her songs, and it was fun to hear her conversation and her accent. I didn't want the concert to end, even as I got more tired by the end--but she was so good.




It was awesome. I wonder why we don't do stuff like this more often, and then I remember how much we spent on tickets and the babysitter, and the inconvenience of it all--but it's totally worth it every once in a while! We felt so cool and hip going to Adele, especially in the middle of the week, haha!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loved all these pictures! Dane and Graham are the cutest kids. And the one of Dane and Zach is hilarious! The Adele concert sounded amazing!