16 September 2015

Dane's quotables

Wearing the Thomas the train hats that Aunt Camille made for them and looking super cute!

In honor of Dane's birthday, I wrote down a few of the cute things he's said lately. At this age, everything that comes out of his mouth sounds cute. Seriously, everything. But some of them are actually quote-worthy, or he says them so often that I wanted to record it. He just cracks me up.

Me: Good job going poop in the potty! I'm so proud of you. 
Dane: It's all in a day's work!

Me: I love you, sweetie.
Dane: I love you too, dear.

Dane: Preston pushed me in nursery. Preston is EVIL.

About twenty-five times a day, Dane runs up to me and says, "Are you happy, Mommy?"

Dane: Trains don't have birthdays because they can't wear birthday hats.

Dane has assigned each of us a car from Cars that we each are supposed to have as our favorite. Probably at least once a day, Dane says, "I like Lightning McQueen, Mommy, you like Mater, Graham, you like Chick Hicks, and Daddy, you like FRED!" Fred is a no-name rusty, nerdy pick-up truck that doesn't even show up in the movie but is in a Cars book we have. Tommy is always embarrassed that he has to like Fred.


And there are so, so many sweet and lovey things he says just randomly throughout the day. He's totally figured out how to manipulate me.

Dane: Mom, you have a cute forehead. You have cute eyebrows.

Dane: You look so beautiful, Mommy! You're so pretty. I love your pretty dress!

Dane, this morning as he woke up: Mommy, I like you. It's so good to have you.

I shut my finger in the microwave and I yelled. Dane ran over and said in a high-pitched sweet voice, "What's wrong, Mommy? I'm so sorry it hurts! Let me give it a kiss!"

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This was hilarious! Dane cracks me up. I sure miss him!