I have a friend who does birthday interviews with her kids each year, and I totally loved that idea. This year was the first year that made sense to do it--where Dane could actually understand and answer questions--and I was brilliant enough to do it on video (which I then wrote out here, taking out all the extra talking and prompting, since I can't attach a 10-minute video here). I also took some pictures yesterday, on his birthday, that just PERFECTLY encapsulate him right now. He's wearing his favorite outfit that he asks to wear every day, plus some random socks that he pulled up. So dang cute and perfectly 3.
Dane's Birthday Interview:
How old are you? THREE!!!
What are your favorite clothes to wear? My FOOTBALL shirt and my basketball pants. You like to wear those every day, huh? Yep, I do!
What's your favorite underwear? Thomas. I like blue and red.
What's your favorite color? Blue and red.
What's your favorite toy? Lightning McQueen *poww* (racecar sound effect). He's a fast racecar.
What's your favorite show? Thomas and Lightning McQueen.
Who's your favorite train? Thomas.
Who is your best friend? Ben, and Preston (two friends from our ward here), and Zach (his cousin).
Who do you love? Mommy and Daddy! You! And baby Graham. And I love this [the dump truck].
What's your favorite food? Boo-boo! A-A! Dump trucks! Do-do! (Okay, moving on...)
What's your favorite book? Thomas and Lightning McQueen.
What's your favorite animal? Dumbo. He's a elephant.
Who do you like to sleep with at night? Snoopy and Charlie. Charlie's a green frog. And my green blankie and soft blankie and brown blankie.
What do you like to do when we go outside? Play in my sandbox. Play with my dump truck. And ride my trike.
What do you like to do with your family? Play trains.
Where do you like to go? Do you like to go anywhere? No. I just like staying here. [After some prompting...] I like the Fun Club.
What do you like to eat for lunch? PB and jelly. PB and J. Peanut butter and jelly.
What do you like to eat for breakfast? Cereal.
What are are you scared of? Of monsters, and alligators and wolves and T-Rexes. What do you do when you're scared? I can hit everything with swords. Mom, I'm not talking about nice guys. I'm just talking about bad guys and T-Rexes and wolves and the Hulk. So you just hit bad guys with swords? Yeah, and monsters and alligators. What else are you scared of? Diesel. [The bad guy train in Thomas the train.]
What makes you laugh? What do you think is funny? No bad monsters.
I can't believe he's really 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment