Having a baby is a good reminder of how little there is that I actually HAVE to do on a daily basis. Sometimes I get caught up in the goal of "being productive," and add things to my to-do list just for the sake of doing things. But you can't do that with two little friends needing you non-stop.
I HAVE to make sure all of us are happy and healthy and fed. I don't really have to do anything else. Everything else isn't very important, and we'll work it out eventually.
That is all I am going to try to accomplish for the next few months. I will hold my baby a lot, read books with my toddler a lot, play outside (when it's not too hot), and at some point start exercising regularly again (and showering!). If I can do those things, we'll all be happy. And I have a freezer FULL of meals and food, so we'll all be fed. And maybe eventually we'll get back into doing other things too.

No comments:
Post a Comment