10 November 2014

my mom came to visit!

We were so lucky to have my mom come to visit a few weeks ago. It's great having the only grandchild--it makes visitors want to come see us that much more! We didn't have too much planned for while she was here, but it ended up being a good time for her to be visiting for her to help us. The night before she got here, Dane was up throwing up all night. A few days later, Tommy and I both got sick and I especially was throwing up non-stop. So my mom saved the day by being here to keep things running! Unfortunately she ended up catching the bug after she'd already gone home, so we passed on more than was fair. With all that being sick, we didn't end up doing anything all that exciting. We did go see the Myres on Sunday afternoon (not pictured, of course) and we went to a pumpkin patch. We also tried to go to the Heard Museum, an outdoorsy kids museum, but it was closed, and we drove out to the LDS cannery to get some food storage, and IT was closed. We had some BAD luck while she was here visiting! But we still had fun in between times. 



We found this awesome pumpkin patch here in Frisco that was completely free and had a hayride and bounce houses and a little hay maze and all sorts of activities for the kids. I ended up taking Dane another time just because he had such a blast. 





It was about 90 degrees. It feels weird going to a pumpkin patch when it's so hot outside... doesn't feel right!

A big pumpkin and a little pumpkin!


Dane and my mom made some cookies one day while I was lying on the couch dying. They were dinosaur shaped and Dane just about died with happiness.


He wasn't very good about sharing, though; he wanted to do it all by himself. 


The other funny thing about this trip was that Dane was not very nice to my mom. She came and just wanted to spend time with him and us and he was just SO not excited to have someone else in his space and telling him what to do. If Tommy and I were gone, he'd be super nice to her, but when we were there, he'd say stuff like, "No talking, Grandma! I talk!" and "Go away, Grandma!" He threw a ton of tantrums and was all-around NAUGHTY while she was here and for the week afterwards. It drove me nuts, but of course Grandma understood. It also made me a little nervous because if he was annoyed with Grandma coming and taking away some of his attention, I can only imagine how crazy he's going to be after the baby is born. Ooooohhhh man. Not really looking forward to all of that acting out.

But we were so grateful that she came and I know Dane loved having her, deep down. Thanks for all of your help, mom. We LOVED seeing you!

No comments: