24 April 2014

stalling

Baby's first selfie... so tender!

Dane is already such a manipulator. He is soooo good at stalling when it is time for bed. Tommy usually puts him to bed, and the last thing he does before walking into Dane's room is have Dane give me a kiss. Dane will usually refuse to kiss me, but the second they get to Dane's door he turns around, puckers up, and says "Mmmm! Mmmm! Mmmm!", looking back at me and clearly begging for a kiss. But when I come over to give him a kiss, he giggles and laughs and rolls away and won't let me kiss him... Until they start to walk into the bedroom again, and he's begging for another kiss from Mama. (Tommy said the other day while I was gone, Dane started doing his kissy face and asking for Mama, apparently thinking I would just appear every time he wanted a kiss because he knows I can't resist, even when I know I'm about to be denied.)

And when we get into the room to put him down, he wants to rock in the rocking chair and just play games or have us tell him stories about lions (very nice lions), and when we start to get up to put him in his crib, he points to the chair and in his very cutest voice says, "Chair? Pease? Chair? Pease? Mo? Pease?" I mean, how can you resist? What are you supposed to do? He is a MASTER of manipulation . . . I am afraid for when he gets older and his brain is even more developed.


Also, here are some cute pictures of Dane loving our friends' new twin babies. He talks about them all the time. Their big brother's name is Evan, and Dane always says "Evan... Baby!... Dog." (Because Evan has two babies and two dogs at his house. Dane loves the babies and is terrified of the dogs.) We got to babysit the twins the other night and Dane was IN LOVE. He kept rocking the babies' carseats, because we were doing it to help put them to sleep (don't worry, Tommy was supervising). In the top picture he's looking at me and saying "Sleep!" because they were starting to shut their eyes.



No comments: