21 April 2014

NCSU Farm Days

I love NC State. I mean, let's be honest, I wasn't as invested in being a Wolfpack member as a I was being a Cougar while I was at BYU, but I do love that school. And one great thing about NC State (and something that Duke and UNC make fun of NC State for, just showing how snobby those schools really are, hmph) is that they have a history as an A&T school, and still have a big agriculture program. And they have this event in the spring called Farm Days, where kids are invited to come see farm animals and learn about them. It's cute and adorable and overwhelmingly crowded with every single parent and child who live in the Triangle area. Dane and I went on the last day a week or so ago. Our ward playgroup was planning to meet up there, but we went early so that we could get back for Dane's nap. But Dane LOVED, loved, loved seeing the animals and getting to pet some of them. The lines were super long for some of the animals (especially the baby chicks) so we didn't bother doing those (because Dane could not fathom standing still for anything; he was running around like crazy the whole time and I was just trying to follow him) but we still got to see the lambs, goats, cows, horses, and tractors.

He couldn't believe that there were real baby sheep in there for him to see!

Petting the little lambs. We kept talking about being "nice" and "soft", and he's totally picked up on that and now will come up to me (or someone else) and say "Ni, ni" and stroke you pretty gently. (It's adorable, of course.)


They had long, long lines for kids to be able to climb onto the tractors and pretend to drive them, but like I said, Dane waits in line for no one. But he didn't really notice that you could get up on them--he was happy enough to just walk around them and see them. (He did have a tractor on his shirt too!)



Mesmerized by the cows...




Trying to get a picture with me, to prove I was there!

I told him to go touch the cow, and he ran up and started grabbing it and hitting it. 

The other great thing about NC State is that they have a creamery (just like BYU!) and they sell their own ice cream as well. At Farm Days, they give out free ice cream to everyone who comes. Dane was sooooo excited to have some, but even more excited to spoon it out himself. So proud of himself. 



It was an awesome little outing, especially for this little man who is super into all animals AND all modes of transportation right now (especially trucks, buses, and tractors). It was the perfect little event for him. We had a great time.

1 comment:

Camille Giullian said...

Hahaha I love it! Dane looks like such a child petting the lambs.. he isn't a baby anymore!