20 April 2014

Easter Sunday

We have a TON of pictures from this week that I want to share, but that will take a while and they are still uploading, so I will quickly share some pictures we took today for Easter.

We made a little Easter basket for Dane, filled with toys that he'd already gotten from his grandma and grandpa and he didn't even notice! He loved it! He was a little confused to be seeing this super early in the morning but he took it all in stride.



We went to church, and Tommy and I both sang in the choir. Dane sat with our friends in the audience for the first song but ended it screaming by the end because he noticed we were gone. He came up with Tommy for the second song and was a little difficult. But then we went to nursery and I brought the camera to take some pictures of Dane's and my nursery class, since we won't be going very many more weeks before we move (especially because of our trip to UT/CA coming up)!



After church, we spent a while making a big ol' Easter feast. Tommy took care of the giant ham and I made some rolls, and we invited some friends over (the Busbys and Vanderwerkens and Bryan Goodliffe) for a little Easter egg hunt and dinner. We stuffed a few eggs and hid them on the grass outside our apartment. Dane totally got it--he was looking for the eggs and every time he would find one, he'd say "egg!" Luckily, he doesn't know the eggs open up (which is totally fine with us). 

Kylie and Emmy were obviously the best at finding the eggs, but they were happy to help the three little boys find eggs themselves.

Running and looking for more eggs!

The five kiddos in the Easter egg hunt (Dane, Benjamin Vanderwerken, Emmy, Preston, and Kylie Busby). Of course, I didn't take any pictures of the adults as we were eating dinner--whoops!

Everyone else in the world takes all these cute matchy-matchy Easter pictures, but this is what we got for today! We still felt pretty cute and happy for this fun Easter.


We really wanted to have a fun time with Dane this Easter, but we didn't really talk too much about Jesus or the Resurrection with him. Since I am his nursery teacher, I did teach him the nursery lesson about Easter today, and I felt like that was enough (since he and the other kids all are basically only capable of saying "Jesus," not really understanding something as complicated as death and coming back to life). We do want to establish good traditions and especially teach Dane the importance of this holiday, but this year it definitely was just fun for him to find Easter eggs and talk about Jesus a little bit in nursery. We really are grateful to believe in a Savior and his Atonement for us.

No comments: