17 February 2014

V-Day

Valentine's Day luckily fell on the second snow day we took this week. And it was lucky because Tommy stayed home with Dane and me all day. What better way to celebrate than spending all day cooped up in our apartment together? Just kidding, it really was awesome. All we ever do to celebrate holidays and birthdays nowadays is make really delicious food and stuff our faces all day, and Valentine's Day was no exception. We made some chocolate chocolate chip pancakes with this berry sauce and eggs and bacon for breakfast (Dane was definitely a fan), and then we tried our hand at making some filet mignons for dinner. Both meals turned out great.



Dane eating bacon. He's a man's man.

And then, for the piece de resistance (pretend there are accents on those words to make them French), we actually made a cheesecake together. We made it the night before V-day so that we could enjoy it on the big day, and oh my GOODNESS it turned out great. I was totally not feeling confident about our abilities to make cheesecake but thanks to a friend loaning us a springform pan and a little luck, we made it! It was a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and it was sooooo, sooo good. 



We ate it together while watching Casablanca. Cute fact: our wedding song that we danced to was "As Time Goes By" from Casablanca. I honestly don't remember how we settled on it, and for a few years I looked back on that decision a little un-fondly, but after re-watching that movie I'm remembering why I liked it so much.

No comments: