01 July 2019

The rest of May


The boys did swimming lessons for two weeks and are doing really, really well. Graham is pretty much swimming on his own, but I still feel like I need to keep an eye on him at all times. Dane is pretty much safe. I am really proud of them. Their swimming teachers said, "Your kids are just fish in the water!" And that they were about as good as you could expect a kid of their ages to be. So that took a weight off my shoulders. 

Tommy and I went to a Jim Gaffigan show! It was hit-or-miss that week whether we'd be able to make it, with Tommy being out of town until that evening and the boys' swimming lessons, but we made it. It was hilarious and totally worth it. 


Kids wearing Daddy's glasses never gets old. 

Dane dressed up as Captain Underpants for school book character dress-up day. 


Graham and I are doing reading lessons and he is doing so well!

Lucy is going to be such a baller when she grows up. 

I am obsessed with her. 


Lucy and Eli are buddies, watching their big brothers' basketball game. 


Major mom fail here--Dane's last basketball game was while I was out of town, and I'd put it in the calendar at the wrong time, so he missed it. But his coach was nice enough to let us come get his medal and jersey after the fact, which was basically all Dane cared about. 



We had a big swim party with friends on Memorial Day!


Dane did a baseball camp in June so Tommy and Dane spent some time in the backyard getting ready. Dane was really good at hitting the ball with the bat. 


The day before Mother's Day the boys made me breakfast in bed. Toast and applesauce. So cute. 


Mother's Day pics. 

We went to a RoughRiders game and had a great time--even though we ended up having to stay until 11:30 to see the end because it went to 12 INNINGS. Ugh. 



Graham had to give up after a while and slept through the last hour. 

My favorite part of May was that I got to go to Utah to go to my cousin Tyler's wedding. It was SUCH a treat for me. I haven't traveled without kids for a long time and I was so happy to be able to be there to see my cousin who is closest to me in age get married. I spent Thursday evening and Friday doing wedding stuff and meeting baby Benson, and then Saturday I went on a run with Dallin to Bridal Veil Falls, and then on a hike with Bethany to Squaw Peak (or maybe halfway), and then to the Creamery to see Cole. It was the most fun weekend and I was soooo grateful to go. I felt so refreshed after doing all of that and getting a break from the day-to-day grind here. 













Taking paparazzi shots of Cole, the exemplary Creamery worker.


No comments: