01 July 2019

End of School Stuff in May

It is hard to believe that Dane is already done with kindergarten. I felt way more sad about him finishing kindergarten than about him starting it! He had the most positive year--he LOVED school and loved his friends and loved his teacher, and he learned a lot. I was so sad to see it end and to think how things will change next year--nothing is as sweet and positive as kindergarteners. But end it did, and I was able to volunteer at a bunch of his school things so I got a bunch of pictures. 

Open House, where Dane showed off what he'd completed this year:


Dane and his beloved Mrs. Williams.

Kindergarten field trip to the zoo, which I was able to chaperone (with Graham and Lucy)
I love the big bunch of boys that Dane loved at school. He had a ton of friends and loved them all. 




Almost all of Mrs. Williams' class at the end of the zoo. 


Field Day, which Dane loved:



Dane's last day of kindergarten. He insisted on making a sign himself for it (because I wasn't going to make him one). He wrote: "My last day of kindergarten is today... Dane cannot stop writing" on it. Haha.

My view from walking him into school all year. So sad to see it end (but so happy to have a break too). 


We celebrated the end of school with getting a new book, with some snow cones, and then the splash pad with some friends. 


I love this picture with all of us smiling! It's so rare that we can get a genuine smile out of all three kids at the same time!

Graham also finished his "school" year with Joy School. I thought this year of joy school was so positive and happy. Graham loved nothing more than his joy school every Tuesday and Thursday and was always sad when he didn't have it. I am so grateful to the other moms who made this year happen and to the other kids for being Graham's friends. He absolutely loved every second of it. 



I loved this group of kids so much. They were so sweet and fun. It's so crazy to see the difference in them from the beginning of the year till now--they are all so much bigger and older. 



Graham was a proud Joy School graduate. Love this guy. 

The moms had to get a pic with the graduation caps, since we obviously were the ones who actually did the work. Just missing Jill in the pic!

No comments: