05 September 2018

First Day(s) of School

This is such a big school year for us--Dane started kindergarten, so it's our first year ever where we are actually following the school schedule. I have stewed over this transition for YEARS, wondering how it would go and if it would be hard for us to get out the door on time (we have to leave at 7:20) and how naptime will be when I have to wake up kids to go pick up Dane. 

But guess what--it has been AWESOME. Dane is so, so, so, SO SO happy with school. Every day he says he LOVED it and every day he is so happy to be there. He has not acted tired at all, or bored, or had a hard time with anything. He was so excited on his first day, and we were so excited for him. I didn't actually cry or feel sad at all when dropping him off--it felt like it was time. We were both ready, most especially him. It could not be going any better.



Our big kindergartener!



His school is called Bright Academy, and he is loving it so much. 



Looking so cute coloring pages when he first got to his class. He loves his teacher and loves all his new friends and loves every single little thing about school. 

This was his face when we picked him up the first day. 

But let's not leave Graham out! This cutie is doing Joy School this year. He absolutely, 110% loves it too. He does not like to gush about things or act like he's super excited about things (especially if he knows I'm excited and want him to be excited too). But the look in his eyes when we talk about Joy School, or when I start singing some of the Joy School songs, is one of total excitement. I got to teach this week (our second week) and he was so cute and so happy with his little friends. There are five of them, and it works out so great for all of the kids and for the moms, to only have to teach one out of five weeks. 




And little Lucy gets Mom to herself for a few hours each week (unless I'm teaching Joy School!). We've gone on a walk each day, since she always begs to ride in her car, read lots of books, and play with her baby dolls. I love getting some one-on-one time with this little girl. 

1 comment:

Libby said...

I felt the same way about school! I was so worried about a lot of things, but at least for grades K-3, I think it's just plain awesome! Even if the teacher doesn't teach a lot. We just need a serious break from the kids.