My first real outing with the three kids. We all survived!
Three kids sure seems like a lot of kids. But seriously. I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, by how well everything is going so far (knock on wood). I was prepared for the worst when Tommy went back to work. But it's gone so well--mostly meaning, I have been happy and not overwhelmed. There have been exactly zero days when I've gotten overly frustrated and had temper tantrums of my own (hooray!). There are a few things that are significantly helping things to go pretty well so far, I think.
1. Low expectations. I expect Lucy to want to be held all day and Graham to be throwing tantrums and Dane to be whiny... and it's fine when those things turn out to be true.
2. Not trying to do anything. I have no plans or goals most days other than holding the baby and keeping the boys happy. That fills up my whole day in general.
3. Getting outside at least once a day. We go to the park or just play in the backyard. Getting outside is magical.
4. Making lunches in advance. I am trying to make lunches earlier in the morning and have them waiting in the fridge so that I can just grab them and throw them on the table once everyone decides they are STARVING AND MUST EAT NOW. It has made such a difference in my happiness level (and theirs).
5. Getting exercise at night. This is definitely not a long term solution, but for now, Tommy and I are trying to switch off going to the gym in the evenings. It's awesome to get to the gym at least a few times a week.
Lucy is seven weeks old now, and we are coasting along to her two-month mark. Things are slowly falling into a routine and we are all happy about it! Things are going by SO FAST.
Camille sent the boys these stuffed bunnies, which they loved!
Lucy = adorable.
Some sleeping smiles--I love those. Plus, look at her hair.
Dane is so stylin' with his sunglasses.
Not many husbands are EXCITED to have to teach Joy School while they are on paternity leave... but Tommy was.
Lucy's superhero name is the Purple Cupcake. (Really--that's what we decided.)
Dane loves climbing into these trees at our park. He feels so cool.
The "little kids" while Dane is at Joy School.
Dane was super excited about this carrot. "Mom, this is the BEST DAY EVER! Because I have a carrot like Olaf's nose!" Then he ate 95% of it for a snack, haha.
This happened in their room while I was nursing Lucy one morning.
There are no words.
Graham loves his trike. He insists on riding it to and from the park when we walk there, and it takes FOREVER.
Lucy's first REAL SMILES last week!!! It was the BEST THING EVER.
Dane at the dentist office, haha.
This girl and her daddy. So cute.
So many times a day I find them reading books.
Tummy time! She's a natural!
Dane got a ladybug to climb on him and was thrilled.
Love these two brothers.
Graham lookin' sporty during Family Pizza Movie Night.
She is nine pounds now! I am soooo happy that she is growing so well. She's getting so big and looking so different than just a few short weeks ago. I feel like it's all going so fast and that she's going to be six months old before we know it. It's awesome that it's going so fast (I'd love to sleep again) but also sad (because she's so adorable).




























No comments:
Post a Comment