I know you supposedly take less pictures of each kid as time goes on, but Lucy is so lucky to be born in the smartphone age, that every time she is doing something cute, I can grab my phone and take a picture of her. Which is pretty much ALL DAY EVERY DAY because she is the cutest thing ever.
She is so beautiful I can hardly even stand it!
Texas baby. All she needs is a cowboy hat!
I am amazed by what a sweetheart she is. We have had hardly any crying out of her, at all. This is not an exaggeration. She will sometimes whine and yelp and very rarely actually start to wail, but man. She is easily satisfied with someone picking her up and holding her and popping the pacifier in her mouth. What a sweetheart. We keep pinching ourselves that she is such a good baby.
BIG BIG fan of the swing.
OH MY GOODNESS. I just can't contain it.
NOT that she is perfect. The last two days she was on a nursing strike--where she screamed and writhed and howled bloody murder every time I tried to get her to nurse. So I eventually had to give up and pump and give her a bottle before she would finally give up and be happy again. It was a really long and frustrating few days. But she started nursing again today, although she doesn't do it enough to really satisfy me that she's getting enough--another issue we have with her. She is so tiny and doesn't seem to be concerned about growing that much like I am hoping she will be. Stinker. She also is not the best sleeper in the world, but at least she's not crying while she's awake for long chunks during the night. Just awake and trying to keep us awake with her.
Her feelings about nursing the last few days. Also, my feelings.
Getting a bottle just like she wanted.
The main comment we get about her everywhere we go is "Her hair!" Because she has so much of it and it's so amazing. It's curly and adorable and my favorite thing is how it curls all around her head like an afro after she gets a bath.
But OH my goodness, she is smiling all the time now. Every time she makes eye contact with Tommy or I, she lets out a huuuuuge grin. It's the best. She really watches the boys when they get close to her, but they move too fast for her to really focus on them and smile--so far.
Smiling and cooing at Auntie Bubba while she was here visiting.
This is my favorite picture ever. Background on my phone for forever and ever.
It is so amazing how once you have a baby it's almost hard to remember life before that baby came into your family. It seems like eons ago when we had only two kids and were waiting for her to be born. And yet she's only 10 weeks old tomorrow--barely two months old. We are still figuring out our routine--so far, we've just slowed everything down significantly and kept things quiet around here. Lots more shows for the boys (usually in the 4-5pm hour while waiting for Daddy to come home), lots more hanging out at home and not going anywhere. Today we missed a fun swimming party at a friend's house that I was kind of sad to miss--but I knew it would be a BAD idea to bring three non-swimmers to a pool party by myself and I would be too stressed out. But the most important thing is that everyone is (mostly) happy, including me. And someday we will be up for getting out and doing lots of things again!















No comments:
Post a Comment