25 January 2011

good things as of late

-having clean sheets on our bed (thank you tommy)
-taking an evening bath, which makes me a lot less cranky
-listening to huckleberry finn as i drive back and forth to school
-being done with my all-day saturday workshops for class (i had two of them. what a waste of time.)
-visiting all of our new sunbeams and getting to know them and their parents this weekend
-watching seven brides for seven brothers with tommy (one of his favorites) and now having "BLESS YOUR BEAUTIFUL HIDE!" ringing in my mind constantly

and...
-the teacher i TA for said i was "fantastic!" at leading class discussion. apparently i have hope for being a teacher yet.

some days you just need a reminder of the good things, you know?

4 comments:

Tommy Leininger said...

WELL WE AINT MET YET, BUT I'M WILLIN' TO BET
YOU'RE THE GAL FOR ME...!

Allison said...

You guys are such great sunbeam teachers ... and nice work teaching! (Also, Matt has a class that meets on Friday night and Saturday morning a few times this semester and it is terrible - I'm glad you're done with yours.)

Libby said...

Bless your beautiful hide, wherever you may be! I just watched that this week. I've got a Howard Keel collection. You should try Annie Get Your Gun sometime. It's pretty funny too.

Dana said...

Love the comment about the bath. I suppose you got that from me and I got it from my Mom, who got it from her mom, etc.