(this may have been because our 2nd counselor actually DID marry a stranger--he got engaged 10 days after meeting his wife. seriously.)
anyways, i didn't really feel like i married a stranger. sure, i didn't really know how much tommy likes hot chocolate before we got married (a lot), and he probably didn't know how grouchy i can be in the mornings. but all in all, we haven't really had very many surprises.
until now.
just yesterday, tommy's mom happened to mention offhand how tommy was his high school valedictorian.
i can't even spell valedictorian. (i seriously had to look it up.)
in the 2+ years we've been a couple, tommy has never mentioned this.
in the almost 9 months that we've been married, tommy has never mentioned this.
even when we had a rather extended conversation the other day about valedictorians and high school rankings (because tommy's little brother is HIS class's valedictorian--yes, tommy's family has had 4 of their 7 children to graduate high school be the valedictorian)--even then, tommy never mentioned this.
his MOM is the one who ended up telling me this.
ARE YOU SERIOUS? i mean, sure, is it really THAT big of a deal that he had the highest grades of everyone in his high school class? probably not. but . . . then why didn't he tell me? (he's too modest, that's why.)
i married a stranger. i don't even know who he is anymore. so i'm posting this to embarrass him since he doesn't really want anyone to know.

tommy, the valedictorian.
6 comments:
---what? (I couldn't spell it either wihout cheating) :) Maybe I should have been mine... I will stop thinking valedictorian's are weird, because I know Tommy and he isn't weird, he is super-cool. As I am sure his siblings who are as well.
There is a women in our ward and this happened to her too! she didn't find out until 10 years of marriage however. consider yourself lucky.
you 2 are going to have genius kids
Hey!!!! !!!! !!!! Good thing Nicholas Christian Mowes alerted me to this post. I will have you all know that being a valedictorian IS pretty overrated since high school, contrary to popular belief, is not the most important thing in the world. Plus, it's really easy to do...all you have to do is follow wikipedia: http://www.wikihow.com/Become-Valedictorian .
-tommy
ps: Denise, thanks for thinking I'm not weird...you're a valedictorian in my book.
Duke is lucky to have you!
Okay...I just have to say as wonderful as it is to have a valedictorian in the family, it is not even the best part of Tommy. The best part of Tommy (besides Alyse) is that he is so nice and always wants to do the right thing. But...on the other hand, it IS nice to do really well in school. Go DUKE!
Post a Comment