- Alyse can never keep Jack Johnson and John Mayer straight. She can tell the difference (I think), but she can never remember who is who. Kind of random since they are fairly different styles.
- One time Alyse and I were walking down the Walk of Fame. We saw Bill Cosby’s star and Alyse said, “Wait! Is Bill Cosby related to Bing?” Hmm… She has a hard time keeping Crosby and Cosby straight. Not to mention the fact that they are different races.
- Alyse secretly likes it when I sing Boyz II Men to her. Even though she usually tells me to stop, I know she secretly really likes it. Same with Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
- The only man that I consider a threat to me is Jude Law. Alyse finds him very agreeable. Good thing he’s an immoral person and he’s no match for my statistical prowess.
- Alyse can probably beat me at basketball—I haven’t dared play her one-on-one, so I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t put money on me.
- Alyse is actually a decent cook, though she tells everyone how horrible she/we are. Mostly we just don’t have time or cooking ingredients. She makes a mean grilled cheese.
- Although kids aren’t in the near future, Alyse loves kids and they love her. We volunteer watching some special needs kids and that is where I realized she’s going to be a great mom. Also, we volunteered in Nursery and now she has a new boyfriend in the ward. His name is Chance and he’s two. He’s probably a bigger threat than Jude Law, on second thought.
- Alyse’s blog isn’t really an anti-blog.
- Alyse really likes part-Asian babies.
- Alyse has an instant six-pack body. She can stop exercising for months, do sit-ups one day, and have a six-pack the next day. Not that I’m going to let any of you see her six-pack.
- Alyse has the most beautiful hair. No surprise there. I just wanted to make it known that I am a big fan of it.
- Alyse is a passionate person. She isn’t high-strung or high-maintenance (thank heavens), but she is passionate about what she does, whether it be writing a paper, training for a half-marathon, or getting pumped about the U2 concert. I love it.
- Alyse is SO hard-working. She honestly puts in her best effort for anything worthwhile. Also, she is very determined to succeed. She has spent dozens of hours on her writing sample and statement of purpose for grad school applications. She also took her statement of purpose to several people to get advice and feedback so that she would be giving her best work. I almost turned mine in without having anyone look at it, but luckily Alyse stopped her work to fix mine.
- Alyse is very humble, more than she knows. She always thinks she’s going to fail a paper or a class, only to get something ridiculous like a 97% (see her previous post). She is an amazing person with amazing talents, but sometimes she is too conscientious of ways that she can improve and doesn’t fully realize how wonderful she is.
- I love Alyse.
20 December 2009
15 Things You Should Know about Laura Alyse Murphy Leininger:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, Tommy, that made ME tear up!
--Pete
Alyse and Tommy are featured in my family's christmas card basket, in the form of words, via keith and paula myres' letter...WORLDS COLLIDE.
16. Alyse is the bomb.com!
that's darling!!! you're a very good husband to alyse tommy!
2. this reminds me of a blonde joke where the girl does all this stuff to remember which horse is which - the punch line is that one was black and the other white.
6. true. she has come a long way since sarah and i helped her make enchiladas in the basement of David John.
8. Alyse, would you care to comment?
11. Y.E.S.
16. Y.E.S.
Post a Comment