17 October 2009

birfday


two posts in one day! what is going on? oh yeah, i have a take-home midterm to work on. so i blog instead.

it was my birthday on monday and i had a lot of fun... tommy made me breakfast and lunch and then my dad was in town for recruiting and took me, tommy, and 11 of our cousins out to dinner at the brick oven. this is the fourth year running that dad has been in town the week of my birthday and that he's been able to take us out to dinner. it was grant's 18th birthday as well, so it was a double bday party. alec, the brother and cousin of the birthday kids, was oh so kind to buy us smashing sweaters at his favorite store (nordstrom's. oh wait, DI.).
and now i'm 21!

6 comments:

Denice said...

Before I read the post, I was like... huhhh, I wonder what Alyse sees in that Sweater! Ha! That is awesome! Happy 21!

Brittney Bodine said...

not me, i know how much you love knitted kittens. j/k. i think grant will wear that sweater for real, every boy needs a lounge sweater.

Dana said...

So sad I missed it but it looks like a fun night with all of the cousins. You are a very blessed little girl. Maybe your last birthday in Provo.
Mom

barret said...

Alyse.

Alec [showed me your blog today, what a good kept secret] and I were talking today [I mean like three hours ago] about that great sweater which you "refuse" to wear. [keep reading this and stop wondering what I am doing up at 5:37 am commenting on your blog] I just want you to know that I like it and you def have to wear it to school.

laters.

b

alyse said...

i promise that i will wear it once it gets cold enough that i can wear a long-sleeved shirt underneath it because it's super itchy. pinky promise.

barret said...

[that sounds like an agreeable negosh]