The night before the fourth of July, we went to the Frisco RoughRiders game with a lot of our friends. It started at 7:00pm, which was really late for our kids, but we decided to have a sitter stay with Lucy and bring the boys. And I was so glad we did--we had such a fun time! We had great seats in the shade, and it wasn't unbearably hot, and the boys had fun playing with their friends. Graham and I even found a fly ball which flew right past us while we were getting some refreshments, which was a HUGE highlight for Dane.
The best part, though, was staying all the way through the fireworks, which started at 10:30pm. It was soooo late, and the boys were soooo tired, but seeing the look on Graham's face made my whole night. I don't think either of our boys have ever seen real huge fireworks before, and it was so worth the late night to see how excited and amazed they were. I love them.
Then the next day, we had such a great fourth of July. We had our ward pancake breakfast in the morning, and then a fun morning and afternoon at our house. The best part of the day was a big potluck party with all our friends at the park. We spent four hours at the park with the kids playing in the splash pad and playing water kickball, and the adults relaxing and talking up a storm. It was SUCH a fun day. Because we'd done the fireworks the night before, we didn't even worry about trying to do fireworks that night, and we went home and got everyone to bed hours after our normal bedtime. I kind of loved overthrowing our normal routine all week and just enjoying everything to the fullest. We all had a great couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment