16 August 2014

the longest week.

We had our first family movie night last week, where we popped popcorn and all sat down together and watched Frozen. It was really fun!


Oh my goodness, this has been the longest week. I seriously cannot believe that it is STILL the same week as it was on Monday--it has felt sooo much longer. Dane and I have been trying really hard to figure out things to do and to keep ourselves entertained, but it is so much work. I think the hardest thing about moving to a new place is not necessarily just leaving all of your friends, but it's losing your routine that you had in your old life--and along with it, the friends that you used to get to see with that routine. We had such a good little schedule in Durham. Music Makers on Monday, Indie on Tuesdays-Thursdays, library storytime on Wednesdays, playgroup on Fridays--we were able to see friends and have something scheduled every day of the week. And then we moved, and every week is a big empty canvas with absolutely NOTHING on it and no one to see. It's amazing what a difference that makes! We are definitely keeping busy--we're going to the library and the bookstore to play on the train table and summer $1 movies and swimming and parks with splash pads. But it all feels pretty lame and like you're just killing time when it's all by yourself and you keep counting down the minutes until naptime because you've got nothing else to fill your time with. I think I need to make a schedule--fill up every day with fun plans and things that we can do every week so that we both know what to expect, and that will hopefully help things to move faster.

But on the other hand, we really do like Frisco. Everyone here has been so friendly and welcoming. And there are so many great things to do. If only there were a children's museum or a Museum of Life and Science like in Durham that we could go to every single day--then it would be perfect! And if only Tommy could be home at 4 instead of 5:30 . . . that would be a dream world indeed. (I know, I know, I am already very spoiled having him home that early.)

Let's cross our fingers that next week Dane and I can figure out some good things to do and better ways to keep busy!

No comments: