03 July 2014
I Think We Are Insane.
I was really worried I was losing my mind for a little bit there over the last few weeks. It's hard to believe everything that's actually happened since I posted last. Most importantly: we moved. I am writing this from our new apartment in Frisco, which is finally starting to look more like a living space and less like a junkyard littered with crayons and random unpaired socks all. over. the. place. Huzzah.
The move went AMAZINGLY smoothly, with absolutely no problems whatsoever, with packing and loading and driving and unloading and unpacking. Dane was a dream on the 20-hour drive (thanks in large part to my mom who volunteered to drive with me while Tommy drove the truck). However, even with all that smoothness, it was still crazy stressful and worrisome. I was a total grouch for about a week (probably longer). The thing that REALLY makes us insane is the fact that we flew out to CA to visit my family again 2 days after we unpacked our stuff, to see my brother get home off his mission. And that we leave again in a week for another short trip, and then a week again after that for another trip. So, in case you're counting, that's a move and three trips to different states within a month. Oh yeah, not to mention the fact that Tommy starts his job somewhere in there too.
We have a serious problem with overbooking ourselves. This WILL CHANGE. We will be better.
We took that above picture the last day we were in Durham, our last hour at our old apartment. BIG tears. I cried as I drove away with Dane in the backseat. I loved, loved, loved everything about living in Durham and we just loved that apartment. It was so good to us for four long years, and it still doesn't feel real that we are never going to go back there again.
But hey! We like Frisco so far. Pluses: There are about 9 gajillion restaurants and stores within a 2-mile radius of our apartment. Our kitchen has much more cabinet space than our old one. We are on the first floor and have a great little patio Dane likes to run out on by himself, which is awesome. It hasn't even been all that hot yet (today it's cool and cloudy, for some reason, which is totally welcome).
This picture below is the first picture of us in our new apartment.
As long as we are all together, I think we are going to be happy here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment