-Sometimes I'll ask Dane for kisses and he'll push me away and grunt, like "Ughhhh!", but he's laughing and totally knows that he's teasing me by denying me kisses. He sounds just like a teenage boy who's been kiss attacked by an annoying aunt. It kills me and makes me just want to do it over and over again so he'll keep grunting at me.
-Dane can run now, like actual running with his feet coming off the ground and bouncing up and down. It's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.
-Dane and Daddy have this great bathtime ritual. When we're finishing up with dinner, we'll start asking Dane questions like, "Do you want a ... baloney? Do you want a ... banana? Do you want a ... baboon?" And he knows that we're just teasing him and starts screaming "BATH! BATH! BATH!" So we get him out and he runs into the bathroom and Tommy gives him his bath. They play in the water for a while and do their bath thing while I do the dishes (or just relax). Then when they're done, Tommy gets Dane out and Dane comes out of the bathroom stark naked and runs to find me and jumps up on me, screaming and laughing and getting me all wet and clinging to me with his wet naked body. So I have to run with him and get his towel and get a diaper on him, because I am always afraid he is going to pee on me. But it's become a regular thing, that every night he runs to find me and wants me to hold him after his bath before he does anything else. It's like I'm included in the bathtime fun. So cute.
Helping Daddy with his tools.
-Dane and I had this three-day-long fight over drinking his milk. He wouldn't drink ANYTHING for several days and I was trying every way I could to get him to drink. I finally was getting so mad at him and was frustrated to no end, and I was worried he wasn't getting enough fluids. Then Tommy came and rescued us and realized that Dane's milk had just gone totally sour. So THAT'S why he was refusing to drink anything or put it in his mouth at all. Whoops! And it was totally my fault! I felt extremely silly and sorry for getting so frustrated with him. Too bad he doesn't know the word for "sour" yet! We fixed that problem and he's back to drinking just like normal again. Finally. Oh, the mistakes you make as a parent.
1 comment:
Hahaha poor Dane, he didn't want bad milk! Too bad he doesn't say "yuck" yet...
Post a Comment