14 March 2014
murphy's law
Murphy's law is real. And my old last name is Murphy. You do the math.
Wednesday was one of those days where everything did go wrong--just in a little tiny things all day long, but I had just had it by the end of the day. Of course, there were some good things that happened too. For example: I tried to put a bowl back in the cupboard and ended up knocking a cup to the ground (anti-Murphy's law: it didn't break!). Indie got sick and had to get picked up early. Dane took a really short nap. Library story time was a bust. I wanted to buy a bagel at Bruegger's and had forgotten my wallet (anti-Murphy's law: I found five dollars in the glove compartment and used it ALL to buy two bagels with cream cheese and then ate them both. By myself.). I had signed up to go help an elderly woman in our ward whose mother just passed away, but she wanted me to come right when Tommy was going to Young Men's so we were going to have to send Dane to YM with him and I'd have to go pick him up later (anti-Murphy's law: it didn't take as long as we'd thought and I got home before Tommy left! And I had a great time chatting with her).
Anyways, it wasn't that bad of a day. Just a long one. But Murphy's law has struck again.
We flew to Texas yesterday to look for apartments. We had lots of plans and a loooonnggg list of apartments we wanted to visit to decide where to live. UNFORTUNATELY, I apparently caught Indie's stomach bug, because I was up literally all night long throwing up. Oh, and throwing up at our dinner with Tommy's new boss and coworkers last night (luckily, not in front of them--I made it to the bathroom). I was so dizzy and dehydrated and still violently throwing up this morning that we ended up going to the emergency room for some fluids and anti-nausea medication. So now I have spent all day laying in bed whining about my stomach (see, I'm even blogging about it) while Tommy runs around trying to visit apartment complexes by himself, haha.
Is that not bad enough? Guess who else caught it? Dane, who is staying with our friends in North Carolina and threw up four times last night. (POOR BABY and POOR BUSBYS. You guys are CHAMPS.)
MURPHY'S LAW! CURSE YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What part of Texas are you in? I'm so sorry you're sick! Sending get-well vibes from San Antonio--if you're in town I could at least drop off some saltines!
Allison--we are in Plano! Tommy has a job here after he graduates in May. We are pretty excited about it. That is so nice of you to offer help though! Thanks.
One of those "anit-Murphy's law" moments was all me, just so you know. I've made a habit of leaving money in our glove compartments just for times like that. You're welcome. :)
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I can't believe all that happened, especially you and Dane getting sick. Of course it would happen during your trip (and your one time to be just with Tommy). Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Those stomach bugs are rotten rotten rotten. I had it, and Wayne had it, and Miranda had it. It was a 5 day one. Russell missed it. I'm sick with something else right now. I'm so sick of being sick.
Post a Comment