every year, i make a bajillion resolutions and then end up about completing half of them. but i prefer to look at the glass as half full and think about how much better it is that i got those goals done. so these are mine for 2013:
- Healthier habits: Keep up our habits of fruits and/or veggies at lunch AND dinner and drinking 64 ounces of water a day. Also, only have dessert three times a week (it's pathetic that even as we were making this dessert resolution, Tommy kept saying that there was no way we'd keep to it. But I really just want to cool it on our current habit of having dessert every single night.) Exercise 4x per week (at least one time running outside per week). Wake up by 7:30 a.m. (still debating how serious I am about that one).
- Spiritual habits: Read the RS and SS lessons for scripture study each week. Index 2,013 names in 2013 (Tommy's idea I stole). Say morning prayers (which have been getting forgotten since Dane was born and he started waking me up int he morning). Be a GOOD visiting teacher: pray for my VTees and find ways to serve them.
- Personal improvement: Do a 15-30 minute power clean each day and then stop--don't get overwhelmed by cleaning all day, and do one extra cleaning project per week (like cleaning the windows or the shower or something). Find a service opportunity to contribute to regularly (possibly something I can do from home, or at least do with Dane). Make a family budget and really work to sticking with it.
- My favorite one: Make a list of skills I want to learn or improve and work on them for a month or two this year. This was also Tommy's idea, and he's doing a lot of school-related computing skills and such, but I'm thinking about incorporating sewing (I'm taking a sewing class at the community college starting next week!), photography, yoga, and cooking. Random things that I want to learn more about. I'm interested to see how/if this idea works.
i feel like i should make some resolutions having to do with dane and mothering, but it's really hard for me to anticipate what changes this year is going to bring for us with him changing so much. i'm just really enjoying our life right now, and i think some of these resolutions will help me to continue enjoying it even more (not worried about cleaning all day so i can spend most of my time with him, still getting some personal improvement in while i'm staying home with him).
oh yeah. i'm excited for 2013. 2012 really was a great year for us, and i see no reason why 2013 shouldn't be equally as awesome.
1 comment:
Those are awesome goals! I need to do all of those things, too...especially the dessert only three times a week! Haha! We Leiningers grew up spoiled.
Post a Comment