22 October 2011

freudian slip?

something i just remembered from high school: when mr. feruzzo, our principal, got up for a beginning-of-the-year pep rally and, while trying to talk about the "amazing success" of our student body, actually talked about the "amazing sex" of our student body. whoops.

one of my favorite moments of college: when my good friend, who shall go unnamed but shall be called s. e. f., was giving a spiritual thought at ward prayer and, while trying to talk about how "blessed" we all are, actually said the word "breast" and, after an awkward pause, the entire ward burst into tears of laughter.

those moments still make me laugh out loud when i think of them. who knows what freud would say about them?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SEF? I wonder who that could be?

Libby said...

I was there. And yes, SEF, I still remember.

Melissa said...

Haha! I just laughed to tears when I read that! Someone in my ward was announcing pictures for the ward directory in sacrament meeting, but accidentally called it the ward menu. :)