it was the last straw. never mind the fact that they lost my account a year or so ago. literally, lost it. never mind that those thousands of miles i'd had accumulated (from going to china, for example) just disappeared and they wouldn't add them back on, despite my desperate pleas and hours on the phone. never mind that the incredibly intelligent incompetents had my last name spelled "murthy" for months, which meant i could never EVER put my skymiles number onto any flight i took with delta. i can't even explain to you how mind-bogglingly STUPID they have been.
no, last night was the last straw. for probably the twenty-fifth time, i had to call them and ask them to help me put my skymiles number on my flight for me, since the computer was not recognizing it as matching up with my name (even though i have since changed my last name with them). and after an hour of being on hold, being transferred four different times, and listening to them "working on it" ("hmmm, it doesn't seem to be matching up. that's weird. are you sure your name is laura alyse leininger?"), they said it was impossible to fix and i was going to have to go on the flight without my skymiles number.
so i yelled at the unhelpful woman (it was very satisfying), hung up, threw the phone, and burst into tears. tommy and i planned out making a delta voodoo doll, and then burning delta in effigy and sending them a picture of it. and posting it on their facebook wall every day so everyone else can see it too.
and then i called again this morning and lo and behold, 15 minutes later, they fixed it.
I HATE DELTA. I HATE DELTA. I HATE DELTA. and i haven't ruled out the voodoo doll.
3 comments:
hahahaha i laughed out loud while reading this...voodoo dolls are sometimes the answer.
Laura Alyse Murthy, i feel your pain. I HATE HATE HATE united. Out of the MANY reasons, they told me I couldn't bring my wedding dress on the plane with me the day before my wedding. I burst into tears and the lady was like, 'well, i guess we can find somewhere to put it'. I would make a united doll and burn it with you.
i still laugh out loud every time i read your sub-title of the blog. and i love your blog, so hurry up and finish finals so i can have more to read :) xoxo
Post a Comment